Tuesday, January 27, 2015

BREAK OUT THE UFO PANTS: YO GOTTI AND LIL BIBBY WILL NEVER CHANGE!




Best joint on Concealed is "Never Changed" with LIL BIBBY, a beautiful ode to developmental stagnation.  Whenever my moms on my case about slangin french fries for the past five years, I crank this song to let her know what's up.  Old sow can pry the fryer basket from my cold dead hands.

Giving some credit to the "Internet collapsin genre barriers" narrative that was so popular a decade ago, the beat is one of those elfin-soul EDM joints you hear in youth-oriented Samsung ads, or when you in a dormroom tryin to fuck a liberal arts girl geekin on molly (so I've heard).   Take the raps away and add some half-naked queens voguing their asses off, and boom: Limelight, 1991.

My man BIBBY stays killin it with a tight writerly verse, but I'll leave the accolades to Datpiff commenter Dee: "Baby face ass lightskin wit the voice of a 6'4 darkskin murderer."  Pure poetry to these ears.  Personally I think he sounds like a constipated 40-a-day Newport smoker exerting himself on the porcelain throne, but sometimes there's more than one right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment